Can’t make it to the game? I feel you. I’ve got to work Saturday. I would skip, but unfortunately when you work for the military that’s not a good idea .
Well we’re both in luck, the game is on ESPN3, but don’t wait until right before the game to set it up. It’s a little tricky:
To Watch ESPN3:
Ok so let’s say your cable or internet provider offers ESPN3, how are you going to watch it on your 55in flat screen TV instead of your 15in computer screen? Well here are some options that I’ve found:
1. XBox 360: Downloading the WatchESPN app to your Xbox is probably the easiest way. But in addition to the participating cable or internet provider, you will also need an XBox Live Gold Subscription. If you or your kids don’t have one you can purchase a 1 month subscription for $5.
3. Digital Media Receiver: Buy one of these but make sure you have Wi-Fi in your house before you do. Follow the instructions included with the receiver. Then go to the ESPN3 Website on your computer and click on the game after logging in.
4. PlayON: With this you can use your Wii or PS3, but it’s $40 for for an annual subscription to use the software. Follow the instructions included with PlayOn. Then go to the ESPN3 Website on your computer and click on the game after logging in.
5. Computer: The above too complicated? Just watch it on your computer.
6. WatchESPN app: Download this to your iPad or mobile device. It would be difficult to get this on to your TV set, but it is an option for watching the game.
To Watch ESPN Gameplan:
Go to the ESPN Gameplan website for details. Ultimately you will have to contact your particular cable/satellite provider for cost (It’s pricey). Only use this option if your cable or internet provider does not provide ESPN3, or you live outside the U.S.